Orange-Lined Triggerfish (Balistapus undulatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
379 Litres (100 US G.)
22.9-27.9cm (9-11 ")
8.0 - 8.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Orange-Lined Triggerfish, Green Trigger, Undulated Trigger, Orange Striped Triggerfish, Orangestriped Triggerfish, Red-Lined Triggerfish, Striped Triggerfish, Vermiculated Triggerfish
Additional scientific names
- Balistes aculeatus viridis, Balistes lineatus, Balistes minor, Balistes porcatus, Balistes undulatus
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A highly territorial fish, best kept alone or with other similar sized robust semi-aggressive fish. Will eat smaller fish and invertebrates. Best in fish-only set ups, not reef safe.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish should be provided a varied meaty diet including squid, krill, small fish pieces and hard-shelled shrimp to keep their ever-growing teeth worn down.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Best in a fish-only set up with secure décor as this fish will rearrange its environment and can be destructive. Tank equipment like heaters or thermometers should be protected as this fish can break them.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A highly aggressive and territorial fish, in captivity this fish will terrorize tank mates. Will vocalise with grunting occasionally.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A typical Triggerfish in shape, with an oval body and eyes set far back from the snout, with small caudal and pectoral fins. This fish is beautifully coloured with slender orange/green stripes running diagonally across it's body, it has a large dark brown/black spot at the base of it's caudal fin. The rays on the anal, soft dorsal and pectoral fins are orange.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )