Lake Kurumoi Rainbowfish (Melanotaenia parva)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Lake Kurumoi Rainbowfish
75,708.236 mL 75.7 Litres (20 US G.)
5.08 cm 3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.5 - 7.5
534.67 °R 299.261 K
538.67 °R23.9-26.1°C (75 -79 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Parva Rainbow, Sunset Dwarf Rainbowfish, Kurumoi Rainbowfish, Lake Kurumoi Rainbowfish, Parva Rainbowfish
- Rhombatractus parva
- Males are more brilliant and have more red in their fins, particularly the dorsal. Large males may develop a humpback as they mature. Females have more brown in their scales, whereas males are silver-blue.
- A peaceful sociable fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more, at least 2 females per male. Do not keep with long-finned fish, will otherwise cohabit happily with other peaceful community fish.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Lightly planted tank. They are fast-swimming and truthfully do better in 100 Litres (26.4 US G.)+. Expert jumpers, they do best in a community tank of a large school. Potential fin nippers if only because they are so fast!
- Prefers the company of others. Keep in a shoal. Will often dart around the tank swiftly, it will occasionally attempt to jump. During feeding time this species will grab food from the top of the tank then swiftly return to the bottom, repeating this in a quick succession that is fun to watch.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )