Dawn Tetra (Aphyocharax paraguayensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
75,708.236 mL 75.7 Litres (20 US G.)
1.181 in 2.5-3 cm (1-1.2")
5.5 - 7.5
531.27 °R 300.15 K
540.27 °R22 -27 °C (71.6-80.6°F)
- Dawn Tetra, Panda Tetra, Rio Paraguay Tetra, Paraguay Tetra
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females are plumper and larger than the males.
- A peaceful community fish that should be in groups of at least 6. Will do well with other community fish, but avoid slower swimming fish with long tails as this Tetra may nip.
- This Tetra is a carnivore, will accept most pellet, flake foods and live or frozen food.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers to have a long spacious tank with lots of swimming room as this is a very active fish.
- A shoaling fish, keep in groups of at least 6.
- An elongated iridescent silver body with a black spot at the base of the tail, tipped with white, and a black and white band on the anal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )