Forktail Blenny (Meiacanthus atrodorsalis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
12.7 cm 7.6-12.7cm (3-5 ")
1.021 - 1.023
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Forktail Blenny, Lyretail Fang Blenny, Yellowtail Fang Blenny, Poison Fang Blenny
- Petroscirtes atrodorsalis, Meiacanthus atrodorsalis atrodorsalis, Petroscirtes herlihyi
- This fish is typical Blenny in shape with a long body and large eyes positioned at the top of it's boxy head. The Forktail Blenny has a caudal fin that resembles a fork, with two long exterior spines and five much shorter middle spines. The body is a pale blue that runs like watercolour into a bluish-yellow at the tail.
- This fish needs careful handling as it has a venomous bite.
- ↑ Predation Protection in the Poison-Fang Blenny, Meiacanthus atrodorsalis, and Its Mimics, Ecsenius bicolor and Runula laudandus (Blenniidae) by George S Losey
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )