Butterfly Goby (Amblygobius albimaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
17.78 cm 12.7-17.8cm (5-7 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.27 °R 303.15 K
545.67 °R22 -30 °C (71.6-86°F)
- Butterfly Goby, Tailspot Goby, Tailspot Reef Goby
- Gobius albimaculatus, Gobius papilio, Gobius quinqueocellatus
- Males with 3 black spots near base of 2nd dorsal fin and round spots on cheek; females with brown-edged band from upper lip to upper operculum.
- Top, Middle or Bottom feeder?
- This fish can easily starve in captivity, they can be fussy eaters. They prefer to eat continuously, rooting around in the substrate for algae, crustaceans and worms.
- How often to feed, etc.
- A bottom dwelling sand-sifting goby. Will dig in the substrate and hover slightly above it.
- How to id the animal.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )