Seba Mono (Monodactylus sebae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
567,811.767 mL 567.8 Litres (150 US G.)
9.843 in 20-25 cm (7.9-9.8")
1.002 - 1.010
7.5 - 8.2
534.87 °R 301.15 K
542.07 °R24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- Seba Mono, African Moony
- Psettus sebae
- Should only be kept with other peaceful fish. May prey on fish able to fit into it's mouth.
- Will accept most foods, but cannot survive on dry foods alone. Ensure to feed live or frozen foods occasionally.
- Feed on a daily basis, once a day should suffice, but twice is acceptable.
- Is a brackish fish, but is much more tolerable of low salinities in comparison to other Monodactylus species. If kept in brackish water, and SG of 1.002 to 1.007 is suggested.
- A reserved species, which on occasion will move around actively, particularly at feeding time. Has known to prey on smaller species.
- Completely different to other Monos, however has been confused with freshwater Angelfish.
|In a pet store tank:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )