Wedge-tailed Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus rectangulus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.02 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
- Rectangular Triggerfish, Wedge-tailed Triggerfish, V-tailed Triggerfish, Humuhumu nukunuku a puaa
Additional scientific names
- Balistes rectangulus, Balistes echarpe
- Indo-Pacific: Red Sea south to East London, South Africa and east through Indonesia to the Marquesan Islands, north to southern Japan, south to Lord Howe Island.
- Difficult to visually sex.
- Peaceful, but can be mischievously aggressive occasionally.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Reef tank
- Is known to rearrange rockwork at times; be careful to make sure tank mates are appropriate for the fish
- Unlike its close relative the Picasso Triggerfish, this fish has a black bar from the eye to the belly with a brown back, and a black wedge bordered by green lines at the tail.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )