Eel Loach (Pangio anguillaris)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
94,635.295 mL 94.6 Litres (25 US G.)
10.16 cm 8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
6.0 - 7.2
534.87 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
- Eel Loach
- Acantophthalmus anguillaris, Acanthophthalmus vermicularis
- Females with eggs will be plumper than males.
- Should only be kept with similar sized robust fish but nothing aggressive. Should be kept in groups of 4 or more.
- Relatively effective in keeping small snail populations under control. Will eat a variety of foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Must only be kept in well-matured long tanks. A soft substrate is essential, either sand or fine rounded gravel. Does not appreciate very strong currents.
- A sociable fish that finds comfort in numbers. A very active burrower, even in gravel, will spend a lot of its time buried.
- A very slender snake-like Loach, it is has a pale belly while the body is mottled green/grey with a strong dark lateral line running down the body.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )