Egg Cowrie (Ovula ovum)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.023 - 1.025
8.0 - 8.4
This animal is available captive bred
- Egg cowry
- Found in the Central, and western Pacific, throughout Malaysia to the Red Sea.
- Males are smaller than females.
- This cowrie is not reef safe. Adults are known to eat anemones, sponges and soft corals. Is best in FOWLR set ups, and will cohabit with sea urchins, starfish and tube worms.
- Omnivorous. Aside from soft corals, they will eat some algae
- FOWLR will suffice, if you cannot provide stony corals. It, however will best suffice in a FOWLR tank, just to be safe.
- Has a pale shell, and a colorful mantle. Unlike cowries like the Tiger Cowrie, which is from Cypraeidae, egg cowries are from Ovulidae.