Skunk Clownfish (Amphiprion akallopisos)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
170,343.53 mL 170.3 Litres (45 US G.)
12.7 cm 10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
531.67 °R 297.039 K
534.67 °R22.2-23.9°C (72 -75 °F)
- Skunk Clownfish, Orange Skunk Clownfish, Skunk Anemonefish, Skunk Striped Anemonefish, Nosestripe Anemonefish, Western Skunk Anemonefish, Whitebacked Clownfish
- Amphiprion akallopisus, Phalerebus akallopisos
- These are hermaphroditic Clownfish. They are monogamous, and host an anemone with one large female, a smaller male and several juveniles. If the female is removed, the male will change sex and one of the juveniles will become the new functioning male.
- Top, Middle or Bottom feeder?
- More detail on diet...
- How often to feed, etc.
- Typical oval shaped Clownfish body. Orange body, white caudal and dorsal fins, yellow pectoral and anal fins, and a bold white line running from the nose, down the spine, to the tail, giving the fish its name.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )