Sohal Tang (Acanthurus sohal)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Majestic Tang)
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Sohal Tang, Red Sea Surgeonfish, Red Sea Clown Surgeon, Majestic Tang, Majestic Surgeon, Arabian Tang
Additional scientific names
- Chaetodon sohal, Acanthurus carinatus, Ctenodon ruppelii
- Red sea, and eastern Indian Ocean
- These fish are difficult to sex visually.
- This fish is very active and territorial towards its own species and similar looking fish.
- Herbivorous, but also accepts mysis shrimp like the other tangs.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- These fish originate from steep slopes and drop offs at the edge of a reef system. They prefer a tank with a good current and aeration and lots of rocky décor. It is a very active fish so requires a lot of lateral swimming space.
- A very active territorial fish.
- This is a large oval-shaped fish with black and white horizontal stripes with metallic blue edging on the dorsal, anal and caudal fin. The face is predominantly grey with a pale yellow belly and pelvic fins. The caudal peduncle fin spine is orange.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )