Florida Gar (Lepisosteus platyrhincus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
1,324,894.123 mL 1324.9 Litres (350 US G.)
51.969 in 100-132 cm (39.4-52")
6.5 - 7.5
518.67 °R 296.15 K
533.07 °R15 -23 °C (59-73.4°F)
- Florida Gar
- Cylindrosteus megalops, Lepisosteus platyrhynchus
- Top, Middle or Bottom feeder?
- This fish will primarily feed on live/frozen foods such as shrimp. It may take some time to wean on to dead foods.
- How often to feed, etc.
- Requires a very large spacious tank with excellent filtration and water quality, appreciates some form of hiding spots.
- A natural hunter which will slowly stalk its prey before it attacks.
- How to id the animal.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )