Sunburst Butterflyfish (Chaetodon kleinii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
5.906 in 12-15 cm (4.7-5.9")
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
531.67 °R 297.039 K
534.67 °R22.2-23.9°C (72 -75 °F)
- Sunburst Butterflyfish, Blacklip Butterfly, Klein's Butterflyfish, Orange Butterflyfish, Brown Butterflyfish, Corallicola Butterflyfish, Bluehead Butterflyfish
- Chaetodon kleini
- Difficult to visually sex.
- This Butterfly can be kept with other Butterflies, including those of it's own species, as long as they are introduced to the tank at the same time. New additions to a tank with an established fish may be bullied. Is otherwise generally peaceful towards other fish, but may nip at soft corals and small invertebrates.
- Will graze on algae, and will also eat small invertebrates and polyps. Must be supplemented with frozen, live and veges if these aren't available.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a long tank of at least 208.2 Litres (55 US G.), established with live rock for grazing. Some open swimming space is appreciated combined with hiding places.
- A generally peaceful mid-swimming Butterflyfish.
- High sided slender oval fish. The body is primarily yellow in colour, there is half a white band in the centre from the dorsal fading mid-way down the body. The head is bolder white with a dark band running vertically from the beginning of the dorsal down through the eye and down to the anal fin. This darker band varies in colour from blue to brown. The lips of the fish are black in colour. The dorsal, caudal and anal fin are edged with blue iridescence.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )