Horned Bannerfish (Heniochus varius)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Hunchbacked Coralfish)
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Horned Bannerfish, Hunchbacked Coralfish, Heniochus Brown Butterflyfish
Additional scientific names
- Taurichthys varius, Taurichthys bleekeri, Taurichthys viridis
- Pacific Ocean: Indonesia to the Society Islands, north to southern Japan, south to Rowley Shoals and New Caledonia; throughout Micronesia.
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish.
| This section requires expansion with:
Anything the species requires to be comfortable in the tank, such as caves or grasses.
- A striking angular fish, it has a very tall dorsal fin. The bottom half of the fish is black, fading to yellow then white towards the top of the fish with two white bands running from caudal peduncle and breast to each end of spinous section of dorsal fin. Adults develop a prominent hump on the forehead and a curved horn above each eye, and lose the elongate dorsal filament.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )