Letourneuxi's Jewel Cichlid (Hemichromis letourneauxi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Letourneuxi's Jewel Cichlid
1 - 1.005
6.0 - 6.5
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Additional scientific names
- Hemichromis rolandi, Hemichromis saharae, Hemichromis bimaculatus saharae, Hemichromis letourneauxi
- Africa: Nile to Senegal from North Africa to côte d'Ivoire. Also introduced from Everglades to Big cypress national park in Florida.
- Males are brighter than females in breeding season.
- A moderatly aggressive fish.
- Should accept most foods including pellet and flake, as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Does best in a mature planted tank with plenty of hiding places.
- Is territorial and may pick on tank mates.
- H. letourneauxi should not be confused with Hemichromis lifalili as they are very similar but H. lifalili tends to be more red in colour.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )