Frontosa (Cyphotilapia frontosa)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
22.86 cm 17.8-22.9cm (7-9 ")
7.8 - 9.0
531.67 °R 301.483 K
542.67 °R22.2-28.3°C (72 -83 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Frontosa Cichlid
- Paratilapia frontosa, Pelmatochromis frontosus
- Males display large lump on their forehead when they are mature.
- Large relatively peaceful Cichlid, easily bred in captivity. Will live with other large African Cichlids. Can and will eat smaller fish in the tank.
- Twice a day.
- Spacious tank with rocks and caves. Make sure the rocks are secure, they can rearrange and a large wobbly rock could easily crack your tank if it gets knocked!
- Relatively peaceful mouthbrooding Cichlids.
- Large fish with pale base colour and bold blue/black vertical stripes along the flanks. Males have a large forehead bump when they're mature.
|Cyphotilapia Frontosa "Maswa Yellow":|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )