Coral Beauty (Centropyge bispinosa)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
10.16 cm 7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.5
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Coral Beauty, Twospined Angelfish, Dusky Angelfish
- Holacanthus bispinosus, Centropyge bispinosus
- Not reef compatible, will nip at corals. The least aggressive of the Angelfish species, but will fight if there's not enough space.
- Will eat prepared small dry fish food pellets. Enjoys frozen prepared foods- brine shrimp and small mysis bits, but will also pick at tank algaes on its own and sometimes corals. Doesn't pick at my small invertebrates (hermits doing the reef janitorials).
- Minimum once every second day. Then he is very willing, as are the others. Otherwise feed them twice a day, lightly in the morning and evening.
- Somewhat territorial, aggressive to other Angels of similar size, only 1 to a tank. Otherwise somewhat shy and likes lots of reef hiding places. Coral Beauty also swims at every level of the tank- top to bottom.
- How to id the animal.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )