Sailfin Desjardinii Tang (Zebrasoma desjardinii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Sailfin Desjardinii Tang
529,957.649 mL 530 Litres (140 US G.)
40.64 cm 35.6-40.6cm (14-16 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Sailfin Desjardni Tang, Red Sea Sailfin Tang, Dejardin's Sailfin Tang, Indian Sailfin Surgeonfish
- Found in shallow sea-ward reefs and lagoons to a depth of 25m in the Indian Ocean, ranging from Red Sea south to Natal, South Africa and east to India, Java, and Cocos-Keeling Islands.
- One of the least aggressive Tangs. May cohabit with a member of the opposite sex if in a large enough tank, however juveniles tend to lead a more solitary life, only pairing up when mature. Will act peacefully towards other fish.
- A herbivorous fish, will take dried seaweed, marine algae, mysid shrimp, Spirulina, blanched Romaine Lettuce or fresh seaweed.
- How often to feed, etc.
- They are sensitive to water quality, needs an SG of 1.020 - 1.025.
- How to id the animal.