Redtail Butterflyfish (Chaetodon collare)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
17.78 cm 14-17.8cm (5.5-7 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.5
531.67 °R 297.039 K
534.67 °R22.2-23.9°C (72 -75 °F)
- Redtail Butterflyfish, Pakistan Butterflyfish, Red-tailed Butterflyfish, Collare Butterflyfish, Pakistani Butterflyfish
- Ideally best kept in a fish-only set up as this fish will nip at corals, anemones and invertebrates. Can be kept in a pair as long as both fish introduced at once, or kept singly. Otherwise generally peaceful with tankmates, but do not keep with very small fish.
- Will accept most meaty foods including shrimp.
- Feed two or three times a day.
- Provide this fish with as much open swimming space as possible as it can be quite active.
- A distinctive Butterflyfish which is the typical disc Butterflyfish shape. The flanks are a rich brown/black in colour with lighter coloured scales. Just before the eyes and in front of the gill plates there is a thick white vertical band, and two smaller white bands on the snout. The small caudal fin is vivid orange-red in colour which is edged with a black band.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )