Tiger Shrimp (Caridina serrata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
6.0 - 7.0
This animal is available captive bred
- Tiger Shrimp
- There are several variations of this shrimp species, and some may be referred to as Cardinia sp or more commonly Tangerine Tiger. It can also hybridise with several other species of shrimp. Over the past few years these shrimp have been selectively bred, as a result they are now available in Orange, Yellow and Blue.
- Females are usually darker in colour.
- A peaceful shrimp with it's own kind and tank mates. Do not keep with any other creatures that may see it as food.
- NOTE: This shrimp will breed with others of its own kind (in this case, Caridina). So it will cross-breed with Crystal Red Shrimp, Bee Shrimp, and Chinese Zebra Shrimp.
- An algae eater. Supplement diet with flakes, sinking food, or fresh vegetables if no algae is present. Has also been known to eat bio-film from surface.
- Feed once per day.
- This shrimp does best in soft acidic water, and indeed will only breed in these conditions. In harder alkaline water it will not breed and its lifespan is significantly shorter. From the Caridina genus, so it prefers cooler temperatures.
- Peaceful shrimp. Keep away from Cichlids or other large fish that will pose a threat to them.
- Small, translucent shrimp with black stripes running along its body.
- The Shrimp Spot - Worldwide Seller of Freshwater Shrimp