Peppermint Shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
75,708.236 mL 75.7 Litres (20 US G.)
5.08 cm 3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Peppermint Shrimp, Veined Shrimp, Caribbean Cleaner Shrimp
- These shrimp are hermaphrodites.
- Peaceful with most fish, but may be aggressive towards Coral Banded Shrimp.
- Scavenges the bottom, and sifts sand looking for food. Will accept most flake food, live food, and frozen food.
- Will also eat those pesky Aiptasia Anemones. However, make sure the anemones are no larger than one inch, or else the shrimp will ignore them.
- Known to pick dead tissue off of fish and other invertebrates, as well as the dead skin around the cuticles of human hands reaching into the tank.
- Feed once per day.
- Keep ammonia and nitrite at 0. Nitrate should be under 10 ppm. Cannot tolerate copper-based medications. Supplement iodine to help aid in moulting.
- A generally peaceful nocturnal shrimp, they are shy during the day and will hide.
- Creamy-clear in colour with red stripes running down length of body. Can be confused with Camel Shrimp.