Bubble Tip Anemone (Entacmaea quadricolor)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Bubble Tip Anemone
208,197.648 mL 208.2 Litres (55 US G.)
30.48 cm 25.4-30.5cm (10-12 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
533.07 °R 298.15 K
536.67 °R23 -25 °C (73.4-77°F)
- Bubble Tip Anemone, BTA, RBT, GBT
- This creature will sting near by corals, and will consume anything that swims in its grasp. Clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with this creature.
- Frozen foods, small pieces of fish, crustaceans, zooplankton, phytoplankton, and mussels.
- Most bubble tips like bright light of at least 300 to 400 PAR and will thrive under more.
- This anemone has long sweeping tentacles which are bulbous at the tips, and a vent in the centre that also acts as its mouth. It has a sticky base used to attach itself to rock.
- Bubble tips do not like strong flow and really dis-like strong direct flow.
- The following Clownfish are known to host this anemone:
- While other species of Clowns may host in them these are the most likely choices.