Mosquito Rasbora (Boraras brigittae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
6.5 - 7.0
- Mosquito Rasbora, Chilli Rasbora, Brigitte Rasbora, Micro Rasbora Brigitte, Dwarf Redfin Rasbora
Additional scientific names
- Rasbora urophthalma brigittae, Rasbora brigittae
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females have broader body shape and the tail is rounded. Males are long and have a more slender body shape.
- Due to this tiny fish's size, they are best kept in groups of at least 6 of their own kind in a species tank or with other very small peaceful micro fish such as Ember Tetras and Pygmy Corys.
- Flake food is a good diet for the Mosquito Rasbora. They will also take tiny pieces of bloodworm and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- They need a spacious tank with hiding spaces and an open swimming space. Dense planting is a must for them to hide in if and when they are startled and at night.
- They are sometimes shy and will hide among plants. They will often shoal very tightly and stay together.
- A small and slender fish which is vivid red in colour, with a black band running down the lateral line, wider at the gill plates and slender towards the caudal fin. The fins also have red colour.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )