Howong Betta (Betta unimaculata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
113,562.353 mL 113.6 Litres (30 US G.)
12.7 cm 10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
6 - 8
529.67 °R 299.817 K
539.67 °R21.1-26.7°C (70 -80 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Howong Betta, One-Spot Betta, One Spot Mouthbrooder, Blue One Spot Mouthbrooder
Additional scientific names
- Parophiocephalus unimaculatus
- This fish is known only from the upper Kayan and Howong drainages in east Borneo, Indonesia.
- Females are much less colourful than the males. These are paternal mouthbrooders, the male will look after eggs and fry.
- Females aren't likely to get along, contrary to Betta splendens, which captive bred types males aren't likely to.
- Feed meaty foods such as bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a well planted tank with hiding places with things such as rockwork and bogwood. A male/female pair can be housed in a 37.9 Litres (10 US G.), but for larger groups ideally the tank should be no smaller than 151.4 Litres (40 US G.).
- A generally peaceful Betta except when spawning.
- A large and elongated Betta with a spade-shaped caudal fin. Males have blue iridescent scales and fins.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )