Blue Loreto Tetra (Hyphessobrycon peruvianus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Loreto Tetra)
Blue Loreto Tetra
6.0 - 7.0
- Blue Loreto Tetra, Peruvian Tetra
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Difficult to sex, females may appear fuller in the belly.
- A peaceful community fish, keep in shoals of 6 or more. Do not keep with larger predatory fish.
- Will take most foods but prefers live or frozen such as brine shrimp and daphnia, will accept flake or pellet also.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a densely planted tank with light foliage and floating plants, does not like bright lights. Provide hiding places.
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
- A small Tetra with a similar body shape to the Neon Tetra. The body is divided in colour, the top part of the fish is iridescent silver-green, divided by the darker bottom half with a bold white lateral line that runs from the gill to the caudal fin. The bottom half of the fish is black that shines with blue iridescence, this also runs into the caudal fin. The dorsal and caudal fins are tinged with orange-yellow but all fins are otherwise colourless.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )