Blue Gularis (Fundulopanchax sjostedti)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Gularis)
6.0 - 8.0
- Blue Gularis, SJO, Golden Pheasant
Additional scientific names
- Aphyosemion sjoestedti, Fundulus sjostedti
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females are drab brown. The males have all the colour.
- Only compatible with fish it can't eat. It has a VERY large mouth but is peaceful with fish it can't swallow.
- In the wild it eats fish, worms and aquatic crustaceans. Does best on live food but in reality it will eat anything meat based.
- They will gorge themselves so their bellies look like they swallowed a marble; it's best to feed them small amounts several times a day.
- Dim lighting may be preferable. In nature they are found in soft acid, neutral and hard water. Not only that but they can also be found in brackish water at the mouth of the Niger river in Nigeria. In the Cameroon population around Loe, they look fairly different from the Nigerian form and are found in soft acid water.
- Peaceful with fish it cannot swallow.
- The biggest killifish and the only one with a trilobate tail. It is not hard to recognize this fish.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )