Saddle Butterflyfish (Chaetodon ephippium)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
283,905.884 mL 283.9 Litres (75 US G.)
22.86 cm 20.3-22.9cm (8-9 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Saddle Butterflyfish, Saddleback Butterflyfish, Blackblotch Butterflyfish, Black-Blotched Butterflyfish, Saddled Coralfish
- Chaetodon garnoti, Chaetodon mulsanti, Chaetodon principalis
- Best kept one to a tank and without any other similar Butterflyfish. Not reef-safe, will eat some invertebrates, soft corals and some stony corals.
- Carnivorous, will eat most meaty foods.
- How often to feed, etc.
- Can be kept in a reef environment and prefers a spacious mature tank with hiding places, but will nibble at and eat most soft and stony corals and invertebrates.
- How to id the animal.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )