Barred Danio (Devario Pathirana)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Barred Danio)
7.0 - 7.8
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Males are slimmer and brighter in colour.
- Can be aggressive and nippy. This fish is endangered in the wild, so is best in species tanks in breeding groups. Will get along with other large species of Danio.
- Not a fussy eater, will take most foods including pellets, flakes, live and frozen.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Comes from fast-flowing streams with rocky substrate in Sri Lanka. Will prefer a well filtered tank with sand or rocky substrate, must be long rather than tall to provide lots of swimming room.
- Can be nippy and aggressive, keep in a good sized shoal.
- Similar to the Giant Danio but with vertical yellow stripes along it's flanks.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )