Ablabe's Barb (Barbus ablabes)
From The Aquarium Wiki
75,708.236 mL 75.7 Litres (20 US G.)
7.62 cm 5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
6.5 - 7.5
531.67 °R 297.039 K
534.67 °R22.2-23.9°C (72 -75 °F)
- Ablabe's Barb
Additional scientific names
- Barbus ablabes spurelli, Barbus spurelli, Barbus spurrelli, Enteromius ablabes, Enteromius potamogalis, Puntius ablabes
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Difficult to visually sex, mature females may be slightly plumper in the belly than males.
- An active shoaling fish. Keep in groups of 5-6 or more. Do not keeping long-finned, slow moving or shy fish. Robust similar-sized fish should work well.
- An omnivore, should accept pellets and flake, both vegetable and carnivore based, as well as small live/frozen food like brine shrimp and bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- The tank for this fish should provide plenty of lateral open swimming space combined with hiding places in tall plants and bogwood. Tank must be mature and well filtered.
- A peaceful active mid-swimming shoaling fish.
- Long slender silver body with a bold black horizontal lateral line running from the nose to the base of the tail.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )