Banded Merry Widow (Phallichthys fairweatheri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Banded Merry Widow)
Banded Merry Widow
6.5 - 8.0
This animal is available captive bred
- Banded Merry Widow, Picotee Livebearer
- Endemic to Central America: Mexico to Guatemala and Honduras.
- Males have a large gonopodium.
- A peaceful livebearer. Must be kept in the typical livebearer ratio of at least 2-3 females per male. All male groups can be kept.
- Accepts most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Does best in a spacious and well filtered planted set up.
- A typical peaceful livebearer.
- Molly like in shape, the Banded Merry Widow is iridescent silver in base colour with many lateral orange bands down it's body from the head to the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )