Menezesi Catfish (Aspidoras menezesi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.0 - 7.0
297.15 K21 -24 °C (69.8-75.2°F)
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Mature females will be more full around the belly than more slender males.
- This fish should be kept in groups of at least 5-6 of its own kind. Can be bullied by aggressive tank mates.
- Will be partial towards live/frozen foods such as daphnia and brine shrimp, may be weaned on to sinking omnivore pellets and wafers.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Décor should be fine sand, not sharp as this could damage their barbels, with hiding places in bogwood and rounded river rocks.
- A peaceful active bottom-dwelling fish that will behave much like Corydoras.
- Can be mistaken for Corydoras, but has a different shaped skull.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )