Sand Sifting Sea Star (Archaster typicus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Sand Sifting Sea Star
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
- Sand Sifting Sea Star
- Astropecten polycanthus
- The Sand Sifting Sea Star is reef compatible.
- Archaster typicus feeds by sifting through substrate. If there's not enough food it will starve, an unfortunately common occurrence in captivity.
- This starfish must have a soft substrate. In the wild it will sift through both sand and mud looking for food.
- Will sift through substrate looking for food.
- Dorsal side is medium grey with dark spots. Ventral side is white to cream in colour. Tube feet are transparent.