Sohal Tang (Acanthurus sohal)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
567,811.767 mL 567.8 Litres (150 US G.)
15.748 in 30-40 cm (11.8-15.7")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Sohal Tang, Red Sea Surgeonfish, Red Sea Clown Surgeon, Majestic Tang, Majestic Surgeon, Arabian Tang
- Chaetodon sohal, Acanthurus carinatus, Ctenodon ruppelii
- These fish are difficult to sex visually.
- This fish is very active and territorial towards its own species and similar looking fish.
- More detail on diet...
- Feed once or twice a day.
- These fish originate from steep slopes and drop offs at the edge of a reef system. They prefer a tank with a good current and aeration and lots of rocky décor. It is a very active fish so requires a lot of lateral swimming space.
- A very active territorial fish.
- This is a large oval-shaped fish with black and white horizontal stripes with metallic blue edging on the dorsal, anal and caudal fin. The face is predominantly grey with a pale yellow belly and pelvic fins. The caudal peduncle fin spine is orange.