Asfur Angelfish (Pomacanthus asfur)
From The Aquarium Wiki
378,541.178 mL 378.5 Litres (100 US G.)
40.64 cm 30.5-40.6cm (12-16 ")
1.020 - 1.025
8.1 - 8.4
531.67 °R 298.706 K
537.67 °R22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
- Asfur Angelfish, Arabian Angelfish, Crescent Angelfish
- The Asfur Angelfish is indistinguishable from male to female and very difficult to breed in an aquarium.
- This fish is semi-aggressive and will be territorial towards its own species. Adults need large tanks, around 681.4 Litres (180 US G.), in order to be kept with other tank mates. Other semi-aggressive similar-sized Angelfish are a possibility in terms of tank mates, but not the same species, and they would have to be watched carefully.
- An omnivorous fish that may nip at soft corals and clam mantles. Will accept meaty foods such as shrimp and mysis shrimp as well as spirulina and seaweed.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- This fish must have hiding places in order to feel secure in its environment. It needs a salinity of 1.020 - 1.025.
- A shy large Angelfish that will be aggressive towards others of its own kind.
- An attractive fish that is in the typical oval Angelfish shape. Adults are dark blue in colour with a yellow caudal fin and a thick crescent-shaped yellow band is down either side of the flanks. Juvenile's have blue bodies with light-blue and white stripes, as the juvenile ages it will develop yellow markings on its dorsal fin and the caudal fin will turn yellow. Can be confused with Pomacanthus maculosus and Pomacanthus koran.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )