Randall's Goby (Amblyeleotris randalli)
From The Aquarium Wiki
1.020 - 1.025
8.2 - 8.4
- Randall's Goby, Randall's Prawn-Goby, Orange Stripe Prawn Goby, Randall's Shrimp Goby
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- These fish are difficult to visually sex. There are records of this fish spawning in captivity however.
- A peaceful bottom dwelling fish that forms a symbiotic relationship with pistol shrimp. They may argue with other similar Gobies and others of its own species. To keep more than one you need very a spacious tank.
- They need a meaty diet of foods such as mysis shrimp, brine shrimp and similar meaty foods. Won't generally take to pellet foods.
- Best fed at least twice a day.
- Needs a spacious mature tank with soft substrate and secure decor as this fish burrows.
- A peaceful bottom dwelling fish that forms a relationship with a pistol shrimp to share a burrow and protect each other from predators.
- A distinctive Goby, elongated in body shape which is white in base colour with several vertical orange bands down the body. The first dorsal fin is broad like a sale with a bold dark spot in the centre surrounded by smaller white spots.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )