Ahl's Rummy Nose Tetra (Hemigrammus rhodostomus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Ahl's Rummy Nose Tetra)
Ahl's Rummy Nose Tetra
76 Litres (20 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
6.0 - 7.5
299.261 K22.2-26.1°C (72 -79 °F)
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Females are slightly more full around the belly, but no other visual differences.
- A peaceful shoaling community fish, keep in groups of 4 or more. Will live with other community fish such as Corydoras.
- Will eat most foods including pellets, flake, live and frozen foods.
- Twice a day.
- Prefers a well planted tank with open swimming space. Looks visually stunning against a back drop of healthy green plants.
- Shoaling and peaceful, will be contented and active if kept in a larger group.
- Striking elongated silver body with a black, yellow and white barred tail and the tip of the nose back to the eyes is coloured a vivid red, giving the fish it's common name. Looks very similar to the Hemigrammus bleheri and the two may be marketed under the same common name, the H. bleheri is slightly smaller in size. It is also different from H. bleheri as the red colouration on H. rhodostomus does not extend past the gill plate, whereas it does on H. bleheri.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )