Spotted Doras (Agamyxis pectinifrons)
From The Aquarium Wiki
6.0 - 7.5
- Spotted Doras, Whitebarred Catfish, Spotted Raphael Catfish, Spotted Talking Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Doras flavopictus, Doras pectinifrons
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish and there have been no records of it being bred in captivity.
- This fish is generally peaceful towards similar sized or larger fish but can pose a threat to smaller fish.
- Will accept most foods including sinking pellets and wafers as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with hiding places available.
- This fish is generally nocturnal, young fish may venture out during the day for food but will otherwise remain hidden until after dark.
- Typical Thorny Catfish shape, dark base colour covered with attractive small light-coloured spots. These spots range from bright white to pale yellow.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )