African Brass Tetra (Alestes humilis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from African Brass Tetra)
African Brass Tetra
6.5 - 7.5
- African Brass Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Brycinus humilis
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Difficult to sex, females may appear fuller in the belly than males.
- A generally peaceful and shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Can be kept with peaceful but robust similar sized tank mates.
- Will accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Needs a large spacious and mature tank.
- Generally peaceful if kept in a good group, can be territorial during spawning however.
- An elongated iridescent silver fish with large scales and a forked caudal fin. It has a darker spot at the base of the caudal fin and the body can have blue or yellow hues as well as the silver.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )