Adonis Tetra (Lepidarchus adonis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
|This page requires additional images.|
Click here for details about uploading pictures to The Aquarium Wiki.
37,854.118 mL 37.9 Litres (10 US G.)
0.827 in 1.5-2.1 cm (0.6-0.8")
5.8 - 6.5
531.27 °R 299.15 K
538.47 °R22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Adonis Tetra, Adonis Characin, African Tetra, Jellybean Tetra
- Lepidarchus adonis signifer
- Females are fuller in the belly than the males. Males have a rounded anal while females have a pointed anal fin. Male has dark blotching to the rear of the dorsal and anal fins.
- A peaceful shoaling fish that prefers to be kept in shoals of 5 or 6. Keep with other peaceful community fish.
- Will take most foods including small pellets and flake, as well as live/frozen food such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a densely planted tank with some open swimming space. Does best in acidic water.
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
- A small and slender tetra with a mostly translucent body. There is some barring on the caudal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )