Spotted Cachorro (Acestrorhynchus falcatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
321,760.001 mL 321.8 Litres (85 US G.)
11.024 in 27-28 cm (10.6-11")
6.0 - 7.5
529.67 °R 297.039 K
534.67 °R21.1-23.9°C (70 -75 °F)
- Red-Tailed Freshwater Barracuda
Additional scientific names
- Salmo falcatus, Salmo pulverulentus, Xiphorhamphus ferox
| This section requires expansion with:
Location where this animal is found in the wild.
- Difficult to sex, females may appear fuller in the belly. Can be bred in captivity provided the environment is large enough.
- An aggressive piscavore, tank mates should be robust and of equal size or larger and of similar aggression.
- A carnivore preferring meaty foods such as shrimp, fish fillet but may only take live foods such as feeder fish at first.
- Feed once a day.
- These fish require a large, mature and spacious aquarium which must be well filtered with plenty of oxygen, an air pump is strongly recommended.
- A sleek predatory fish.
- This fish is elongated and slender with a sharply forked caudal fin. The body is silver and the mouth is large with visible teeth even when the mouth is shut. The fins are mostly translucent with some red hues and there is a black spot on the caudal peduncle.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )