Ablabe's Barb (Barbus ablabes)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Ablabe's Barb)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
5.1-7.6cm (2-3 ")
6.5 - 7.5
297.039 K22.2-23.9°C (72 -75 °F)
- Ablabe's Barb
Additional scientific names
- Barbus ablabes spurelli, Barbus spurelli, Barbus spurrelli, Enteromius ablabes, Enteromius potamogalis, Puntius ablabes
- Africa: wide distribution area, known from the Sahelian as well as from coastal basins. Also collected from the upper Koto River drainage (Ubangi tributary, middle Congo River basin) in Central African Republic.
- Difficult to visually sex, mature females may be slightly plumper in the belly than males.
- An active shoaling fish. Keep in groups of 5-6 or more. Do not keeping long-finned, slow moving or shy fish. Robust similar-sized fish should work well.
- An omnivore, should accept pellets and flake, both vegetable and carnivore based, as well as small live/frozen food like brine shrimp and bloodworm.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- The tank for this fish should provide plenty of lateral open swimming space combined with hiding places in tall plants and bogwood. Tank must be mature and well filtered.
- A peaceful active mid-swimming shoaling fish.
- Long slender silver body with a bold black horizontal lateral line running from the nose to the base of the tail.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )